WE WORK FOR YOU,
NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANY
Mercury Adjustments, LLC. led by a licensed, bonded, trained, certified and knowledgeable public and private claim adjuster who is able to provide VALUABLE services to aid and assist homeowners, tenant and commercial insurance policyholders during claims for theft, fire and smoke destruction, vandalism, flood and water devastation, and wind, hail and storm catastrophes.
Mercury Adjustments, LLC. is located in Berks County, Pennsylvania, with easy road access in all directions our working territory covers the New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and DC Metro Areas, all surrounding communities, all of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Northern Virginia.
Fire Damage or Loss Claims
Every year in the United States, there are typically somewhere between 60,000 and 80,000 wildfires that happen in unstructured land that can burn anywhere from 3 million to 10 million acres of land depending on the severity.
In addition, the National Fire Protection Association estimates that all fire departments across the nation responded to an average of 357,000 home structure fires per year during the years between 2009 and 2013. These fires led to an estimated $6.9 billion in property damage per year, with an average of 12,890 civilian injuries and 2,470 civilian deaths. Approximately 70% of these reported home fires and 84% of the fire deaths occurred in one family homes and duplexes, including manufactured homes. The rest occurred in apartments, condos, or other multi-family housing.
Flood Loss and Damage
According to the National Flood Insurance Program:
- Floods are the leading natural disaster in the United States.
- From the year 2005 to 2014, total national flood insurance claims were more than $3.5 billion per year on average.
- From 2010 to 2014, the average individual flood insurance claim was nearly $42,000.
- For 2014, flood insurance policy premiums were about $700 per year on average.
- Those living outside of high risk flood areas file over 20% of all insurance claims and receive 1/3 of FEMA Disaster Assistance.
- Pennsylvania ranked 10th in the nation for flood claims at $313,186,521 from 1978 to 2001.
Storm damage can vary by property to property, but even those of us located in Pennsylvania can still be subject to:
- Tropical storms
- Snow storms
- and many other forms of severe weather
Many insurance policies may resist fully covering certain forms of water damage and could outright deny these types of claims. If you want to ensure you are covered for water damage, you may have to see if you’re policy covers:
- Sewage or drain backup
- Accidental and sudden water damage from a plumbing, heating, or HVAC
- Frozen and/or burst pipes
- Appliance malfunctions
- Roof, window, or exterior failing
- Mold remediation
- and many other forms of water damage